Brisbane, QLD


Friday, February 4, 2022

CHILLING OUT IN THE FOREST

 I have been walking in the forest in between showers of rain by myself because we are at the peak of the Omicron wave so we have not been mixing with people very much. Hopefully, next week we will try walking with friends again.  It is so nice and green and calm in the forest. I love seeing the towering trees, the wallabies and the track disappearing into the forest.





I love the bright orange trunks of these trees, that are actually called grey gums or Eucalyptus Punctata.
They have a grey bark, which it sheds in summer to reveal the lovely orange colour.

We have had a very wet summer and the picnic area has turned bright green.

I love seeing different things each day. Here are some: Tiny fungi, fresh raindrops and glowing lichen.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos from your walk. The Wallaby is almost hidden, cute capture!
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least you have all this beauty to take the place of friends to talk to. the wallaby melted my heart into a puddle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masterpieces from your solitary walk.
    I can almost smell the earthy dampish trail.
    Wonderful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks a beautiful place to walk, and such vibrant colours to enjoy. I love walking on my own - you notice more, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you take us on these incredible walks Diane, thank you! Beautiful sights you saw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful walk you had... Isn't it great to be in the forest? I love the smell!!! And it is SO peaceful...

    Do you think Covid will EVER end???? GADS.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. All you need is a river and it would be absolutely perfect (for me).

    ReplyDelete
  8. A walk in the woods -- especially one as beautiful as yours -- is a perfect way to 'chill out'. I hope you can soon enjoy your walks with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing these photographs, it looks a very nice place to enjoy a walk.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what fun, I use to love bush walks by myselt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Photo number 2 is certainly a gorilla face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ever since moving to France I have walked alone. Nigel cannot walk far at all sadly because of his feet. Our neighbours that walk do not go very far, he also has a foot problem. It has never worried but in December when I fell, I realised that it was not such a good idea, especially as I was on a farm track not used often. I do though always carry my phone! Keep safe, t'other Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Getting outside and walking in nature even if doing it solo for awhile, Diane, is certainly better then staying indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your walk and the lovely photographs. Hope all goes well with steps back toward contact with friends. Good friends fuel good mental health as ell as physical health

    ReplyDelete