Brisbane, QLD


Thursday, September 19, 2024

GET BACK ON TRACK

 Long time readers of my blog may remember that I started writing my life story here in blogland. I also published the stories and photos into books. Well I kept on scanning photos and making books but forgot to write the stories here. So at the risk of boring you I'll try to catch up with the stories of my past. I have enjoyed scanning the photo albums because they have brought back so many memories of many trips away.

So in 1985 we were still living in our second house in Springwood in Wenlock Cr. We were both working, me as a teacher and Bill was employed by a big air conditioning company for commercial buildings. He was a sales engineer, designing and quoting the jobs. The girls were turning 13 and 11. Carol had just started High School at John Paul College and Sonya was in Year Six at Mt Cotton State School, where I was teaching too.

In the school holidays we went on short trips away for a week. We went to Stradbroke Island and stayed in a resort quite close to the beach. 

The board walk went all the way to the beach.



____________________________________________________________________________________

After this we bought a pop up camper van and started going on camping trips. This time we went to Byron Bay and this was before it became the tourist mecca that it is now. It is south of here on the coast in New South Wales. It is actually at the most easterly point of Australia.

Besides swimming and walking on the beautiful beaches we also talked the girls into playing golf. They weren't keen but struck a bargain with us. They would play golf with us if we went horse riding with them

It was a rough country golf coarse in those days.
I used some horse manure for a tee.
___________________________________________________
 Later in the year we celebrated Sonya's eleventh birthday at Dreamworld Tourist Park.

___________________________________________________

Last of all a family photo in Daisy Hill Forest in 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment