Brisbane, QLD


Saturday, December 31, 2022

THE YEAR THAT WAS 2022

The year has flashed past and we will have made it to a new year in a few hours. We have slowed down a lot this year. Past years are catching up with us. We do not travel far distances anymore Covid helped that along. I have had hospital visits, we have had family visit and we have joined in the many activities at the village. I have had two of my best friends die this year.  

Here are some memories from 2022:

In January, Carol and David said goodbye after spending a few weeks with us over Christmas.

In February, Bill celebrated his 79th Birthday with friends at a Daisy Thai Restaurant.


In March we had floods in Brisbane


In April, Fox and Bernie got a part in a TV series. Fox is being filmed below.
In May, Jan was diagnosed with cancer and a debilitating lung problem. I helped her around the village to take photos of gardens for a book she is making. She is an inspiration.

In June, I celebrated my 80th birthday in the community centre with family and friends.

In July, Carol, David, Sonya, Bernie, Fox and Banjo came from Melbourne to spend a week at Burleigh Heads with us to celebrate my birthday.

In August, our monthly dinner had a Gatsby roaring 20's theme.

In September, Chiou See (our managing director) and Brendan were married.

In October, my friend of 58 years, Joan passed away. We worked together and played together.

In November, we went on an excursion to a historic village in the Scenic Rim Region.

In December, Carol and David drove from Melbourne to be with us for Christmas Eve.
And so ends 2022. 

Wishing everybody a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

17 comments:

  1. May I wish you a Happy New Year - you'll get there a few hours before we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful look back at 2022, happy memories and beautiful photos.
    I wish you and yours all the best in 2023, a happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a lot of interesting things happen and a few sad ones, your life is always fun and full of family and friends. Wishing you a Happy New Year for 2023 and much more fun with family and friend. now you have 2 movie stars in your family. how cool is that, I will join your hubby for my 79th in 2023..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you recapped the highlights of your year. Inspires me to do something similar when next year comes to an end. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a year Diane, with some ups and downs but also many blessings. Wishing you many more blessings and no downs in 2023. I count one of my blessings having met you and Bill in DC a few years ago. Take good care of yourself my friends, and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy New Year to you both. You've had quite a year, really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year. I loved your round up of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Diane, for sharing the highs and lows of what is now last year. I am thankful for your blog friendship and send all good wishes to you and Bill for a happy and healthy 2023 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a pretty good year to me, great photos.
    A very Happy New Year to you. May 2023 be a healthy, peaceful and happy year. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooops that should have been t'other Diane 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the same here, I slowed down too (I will be 80 in July) I still want to travel but then cruises or real organized travels and not too long. Like I did for Switzerland that was perfect. Friends or ex neighbors have died too this year, nearly all men in my old street are gone only one left, and he is in a bad state too. I caught a cold now just after New Year and just lay around and do nothing ! "Good" start for the new Year !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many thanks for sharing your year.
    Sending my good wishes for a happy 2023.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful year you had with lots of highlights and unfortunately some sad happenings as well. May 2023 bring as many good times as possible around

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed reading your round up of the year.
    Love the beautiful photos.

    Wishing you a joyful and blessed 2023, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope 2023 will be a joyful and healthy year for all!

    ReplyDelete