Brisbane, QLD


Friday, July 5, 2024

SHORT WALKS

After walking with my buddies in the early mornings, in the forest for 4k, for many years now I'm only able to do short walks around the village because I still have back problems. However, there are still nice things to see on my way to brighten my day. Looking for the positives. These photos are taken in the village gardens and the resident's gardens.

Some trees in the Zen Garden have been imported from colder climes and they lose their leaves. Most of our trees are evergreens.




My front garden





Outside the pool fence.

Zen garden.

9 comments:

  1. I do love your Zen garden. Your garden certainly looks very different to a Melbourne garden at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least we can still get outside - I find myself limited these days. That second-from-bottom picture is astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a bit of a puzzle to me that with the incredible range of trees growing naturally in Queensland people feel the need to import trees from elsewhere. Humans never seem to be satisfied with what they have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful! I hope you feel better soon! Take care, have a wonderful day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just came from a blog that has a poem about how we need nature, trees and flowers. so glad you can still get out and see them and feel their peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small steps enjoying the fauna in your lovely village will surely lead to longer walks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite it being winter you have so much colour and variety in your garden and surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, you are lucky that you live in a lovely place with easy walks. Have a good weekend, t'other Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that you can get out and enjoy a short walk, it looks like a lovely walk in the gardens at your place. Its always a good plan to take things slowly at first. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete