Brisbane, QLD


Monday, February 6, 2023

GETTING BACK INTO IT.

 For those who have followed me for years (thank you), they might remember that I was writing "My Story". I was scanning photos from my many photo albums putting a story with them and publishing them on my blog and then into books for my children and grandchildren. However it has been a long time since I last posted a "My Story" entry. I have picked up again and been scanning like mad. That's why I haven't been posting often lately. So with the risk of boring the pants off you I'm going to continue with "My Story" here. If you want to read previous posts they are on my side bar.

Back in 1983 we were living in a small house in Springwood with the girls who were eleven and nine. My brother, wife and son lived in England. In 1983 my brother, David came to visit us for Christmas. He flew into Sydney and visited our mother and aunt, who lived together. He hired a car and drove them to Brisbane so we could all be together for Christmas, except for his wife, Ann and son, Michael who stayed in England. 

We visited the Art Gallery


We played in the swimming pool. David found it hot after coming from an English winter.

Christmas dinner with most of  my family, first time in ages. I can't believe Bill didn't put a shirt on and I didn't make him. What bogans we were!

Opening presents time.

12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It is good you are continuing with your story. I enjoy seeing your family photos, happy memories.
    Take care, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure David did find it hot. I've missed the bit connecting to him to being in Australia and in PNG?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice those old photos, I love it . I have olso made many albums with our family pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet memories, I do remember your story posts and had forgotten you were doing them... the photos jog the memories that we otherwise would forget

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Bill was just showing off the beautiful warm weather to the British relatives. And why not! I have to look up "bogans" although I imagine I have a pretty good idea what it means!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice holiday post, Diane, of days gone by it must have been very warm in Dec too😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's quite a task you've undertaken here...
    So good to look back, read and see your photographs.

    Enjoy your February Days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news for me ! I loved to read your book when your parents came over etc. And when you visited Switzerland for the first time and tried to learn the Swiss German, lol (I don't understand it a few words yes) It's strange but I am busy to do the same, only I don't scan (I have no scanner) I take a photo of the old pictures and with the help of Picasa I cut it out and improve it. The copy is far better then the original ! As I moved with my parents from Germany to Brussels, and my father was one of the first European employes, I also had a completely other life than if I would have stayed in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a big job. Good luck. My husband spilled sticky juice on many of my old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to see the family together. Can't understand Bill not wearing a shirt at the dinner table..lol Must have been a very hot humid day. Lovely memories Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't have to be from England to find Brisbane hot at Christmas time. I am glad to hear more of your story. I have spent the last six months transcribing the 'good bits' from my diaries of 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your children and grandchildren will be so lucky to get a book of your memories. I have lots of old photographs from my parents and even grandparents — but no one who remembers the stories anymore.

    ReplyDelete