Brisbane, QLD


Sunday, August 21, 2022

A GATSBY NIGHT

I haven't blogged for over a month but I'm back. I am okay but I have been scanning more photos and writing another book on my life story. It sort of took up all my spare time in between other activities that I participate in the village: yoga, lunches, exercise class, lunches, art class, lunches, forest walks, barbecues and newsletter committee.

For this month's village dinner the theme was The Great Gatsby Night. It was a Birthday Party for our Managing Director, Chiou See. She hired a Jazz Band and a dance floor to put onto the carpet in the community centre. She asked people to dress up in 1920 outfits. Everyone did so and it was a very colourful night. It was also two other residents birthdays so they had a good celebration as well. The lights were down low for ambiance but it was hard to get good photos.

Our Managing Director Chiou See and our Residents Chairperson, Ian. 

Mary and Karen also celebrated their birthdays.

We had a good night.

We sat with our friends, Eddie and Karen.

Another Diane and Bill live in our village.

My gorgeous neighbour, Louise.

Margaret is our volunteer Social Director.


Chiou See ended the night on a roll.

16 comments:

  1. I have been gone for a while too. I am working on a project to consolidate 40 years of journals into what is worth keeping. I have been doing that between settling into our new unit and an insane number of medical appointments for my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to keep up to blogging when one is very busy especially doing big projects. Your director sure knows how to throw a party and it looks like a great time was had by all. You all did a fantastic job of dressing for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    The Birthday party and Gatsby party looks like a lot of fun. I like all the outfits. Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms See looks great as does her partner. Everyone made such a great effort but if I had to choose, Louise wins. It's rather remarkable that there is another Diane and Bill in the same village.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun you have in that community! I didn't realize that you had already written one book on your life story. Did you share parts of that on your blog before?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd quite like to have been alive in the 1920s. It seems like it was a fun time (if you were wealthy anyway). You and all your friends look v glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see a new post, Diane, and looks like you have had another fun evening. Yes, those photo projects can take a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks as if everyone had a lot of fun and what a good time all had getting dressed up. Nice photos Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You all look wonderful. A great theme for a birthday party. I can't understand where time is disappearing as I am way, way behind in reading and commenti g on posts I follow let alone writing posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am suprised you ever find time to post with all the fun things your life is filled with. leave blogging to me, the boring person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is wonderful that you and Bill are happily busy with life in your retirement community, Diane, and that you are working on important projects. This event looked like so much fun!
    I hope to begin a "My Life" type project once our photo scanning project is completed. I always wished i knew more about my grandmothers lives and I'd like to pass down as much information as I can about them and myself to my children and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! You guys have so much fun. I think it is wonderful that you are doing another book .

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great party ! It's so nice to organize fests like that ! Everybody had made an effort to find the right clothes ! You both look real cute !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see another party at your place, Diane! What a great themed one as well and you and Bill looked great!

    ReplyDelete