Brisbane, QLD


Tuesday, November 30, 2021

WALK IN THE WOODS

Three friends and I walk in the forest next to our village five mornings a week. Mostly we stick to our usual route but sometimes we take a different track. One day we went down to the creek and back up. On the way we saw a small flock of cockatoos there were six altogether but I only captured three of them with my phone. I've discovered phones are not the best for photographing birds, but it is much lighter than a DSLR to carry on a morning walk.






 

13 comments:

  1. You are right about the weight of a camera compared to a phone camera, Diane. Glad you and your friends get out for your morning walks. Are the cockatoos friendly to walkers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cockies doing what they do, destroying things.
    The creek looks muddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    A wonderful walk. I love the Cockatoos! Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you got some good bird photos with your phone. Over the past year or so I've gone almost exclusively to using my iPhone forpictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have never seen these birds except in captivity. wow. your phone did good. lve the wooded area and wish I had 3 friends to walk with, I only have one friend and his name is Beau

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did really well with your phone. They may be common birds in your area but they look quite exotic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I would love to see those birds in the wild. Great capture and I'm glad you are walking with your friends. It sure makes getting going a lot easier.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks an enjoyable walk, nice to see your photographs.
    My good wishes for 2022.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use my phone too on a walk, better than carry a heavy camera.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great place to walk and I love the cockatoos. Pretty good photos for a mobile.
    Wishing you all the best fro 2022, keep safe, t'other Diane

    ReplyDelete