Brisbane, QLD


Friday, October 5, 2018

CARNIVAL OF THE FLOWERS, TOOWOOMBA, QUEENSLAND.

Every year the town of Toowoomba holds 'Carnival of the Flowers' an amazing weeklong festival. Last year we went by train for a day trip but this time we went by car and stayed for two nights in a luxury B&B called "Wanulla". Toowoomba is situated on the Darling downs high up in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range. Consequently the Toowoomba weather is cooler than in Brisbane on the coast and it is more suited for a big range of flowers and plants. It takes about two hours to drive there winding up the steep ranges.
We booked into our B&B, it looked beautiful inside this historic old house, which has been renovated in keeping with the original style. It is furnished beautifully with antiques. The hosts were friendly, helpful and the hospitality was excellent. They provided afternoon tea, pre dinner drinks and port and chocolates after dinner. The bathroom had top quality supplies and Bill was impressed with the WiFi connection.
Wanulla B&B has a beautiful garden too.

There are cafes in walking distance from the B&B where we had lunch and dinner.

 Beautiful old homes are converted into cafes.








After lunch we walked to Queens Park to see one of the many flower displays in the city of Toowoomba.

A random toddler enjoys the flowers.





Bill among the flowers
There were so many garden beds and displays. I took loads of photos and I will bore you with them over the next few weeks.

20 comments:

  1. It sounds like a beautiful B & B in a very nice area. The gardens are superb. Have a wonderful weekend Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really nice place to stay and those flowers are just amazing. Thanks for sharing. Have a fab weekend, t'other Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the garden bed at the B&B is stunning. I would love my garden beds to look like that. And the poppies in the public gardens are my favorite. I must try planting some iceland poppies next year ... some other small poppies are popping up in my garden at the moment. A surprise because I didn't see them last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, what a great place to stay.. Your garden photos make me so jealous because I've just planted my seeds and they are just tiny little green sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks gorgeous all the flowers and your B & B too ! We still have warm weather next week they annonced 24°C in October !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful weekend trip! I love the way you two are so often out and about doing things like this. I won't be bored with your photos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful. And such an appropriate title, a "carnival" of flowers. They remind me of the noise and lights and excitement of a carnival at night! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reallly beautiful photos and beautiful flowers. Spring time is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Diane, I love your header. The Carnival of Flowers looks delightful. Gorgeous gardens. The cafes look wonderful too. Have a happy Friday, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The B & B looks amazing Diane, perfect location. Beautiful flower displays, love the shot with the little boy admiring the blooms 🌷🌼🌻🌺🌹💮🌸

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Everything looks absolutely gorgeous. What a glorious time to visit this beautiful town. Thanks for sharing all this beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, these gardens are AMAZING! I love all of them, the B and B is beautiful as is its fence and garden. love the café shot. how could anyone go wrong driving to a festival of flowers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's really spectacular!
    That's what I am when I go out to take photos - "a random toddler"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What another wonderful getaway, Diane, from the b&b to the flowers. You certainly know how to enjoy yourselves and that’s wonderfulmto see and read about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful spot. Clearly it make and exceeded expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to hear about your travels whether near or far they sound very interesting. I can see why you would want to spend a couple of days there admiring all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely gardens, I enjoyed your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful colour. I was taken on car trip around Toowoomba when I was 18, so a long time ago, but I remember vividly how good just house gardens were.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Boring does not enter into the equation! Those flowers are stunning; the town really goes all out and the festival is amazing. and what a wonderful B&B location -- with all the amenities a huge plus. (My) Bill would even enjoy driving those mountain roads to get there... it all sounds like a perfect getaway.

    ReplyDelete