Brisbane, QLD


Thursday, March 15, 2018

AUSTRALIAN WOMEN ARTISTS

I was lucky enough to be invited by our village CEO Chiou See Anderson to a WCEI (Women Chiefs of Enterprises International)  function held at The Phillip Bacon Gallery in Brisbane. It was a preview of a new exhibition opening of Australian Women Artists.

There was a group of us that went from our village and it was an entertaining evening. The gallery was crowded with the whose who of influential business women including Quentin Bryce a past Governor General  of Australia and Keri Craig a famous international fashion designer from Brisbane.

It was a great night night. The art was very interesting and the canapés delicious and the company grand.
The group from Elements Retirement Living. Our CEO  Chiou See Anderson is far left

 This was my favourite by Vera Möller

 This one fascinated me because the sheep are in the shade of a tree but there is no tree. It is called Mirage by Lisa Adams.

 Aboriginal artist Emily Kame Kngwarreye

 This one was captivating. "Home Late" by Anne Wallace

 One of our group, Chris had a chat with Dame Quentin Bryce our past Governor General.

It sure was Chris's night because she won the door prize of this huge book about Keri Craig international fashion designer. The book filled a whole carry bag and weighed so much that Chris needed help to carry it home. We came home on the village bus just as well.

 Jan enjoyed these Tasmanian Scollop canapés because all the others had wheat, which she can't eat. She even stalked the waiter to have another. He found it amusing and then bought out another platter just for us.
 Then he returned with yet another and even followed Jan downstairs to the door as we were leaving. It was so funny. We were all very happy after being plied with many glasses of Champagne and wine.

14 comments:

  1. It looks like a fabulous event. I think my favourite painting is "Mirage" though if I were looking for one to hang on my wall it would likely be the one you like due to the nice colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it does look like a great event. The art work is beautiful. I also like your favorite and the Mirage painting. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun with the ladies and the waiter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I am off today with a group from here to the Baltimore Museum of Art. Watch for pictures another day.
    The one painting of the woman looking directly at the viewer looks like an American actress, Lee Remick. I didn't understand the sheep in the shadow one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have really enjoyed that night too. I love seeing art even the ones that I do not always like. But I really like the one that was your favorite and would be proud to hang that on my wall. Looks like everybody had a really good time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane, what a fun evening and filled with beauty and culture, too. I like the Mirage painting; very interesting. And loved the waiter who was so attentive! Thanks for sharing. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really fun evening, good company, great art and tasty snacks :-) Take care t'other Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were lucky you could go and view, chat and just be there to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice evening ! I love events like that !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Village life sounds grand I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a grand evening out with the ladies! I'm agree on your choice but of paintings. They are interesting .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh such fun for the ladies! I like the waiter, he was very nice. The art was very interesting....my fav was the girl home late

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great opportunity. Your village is really a happening place. I wanted to enlarge the abstract by the Aboriginal artist... love the colors and wanted to see if they are flowers. All of the art was great and I laughed at the story of your friend and her special canapes and the waiter.... we can get away with a lot at our age/stage of life can't we? (And isn't it fun!).

    ReplyDelete