Brisbane, QLD


Monday, August 31, 2026

OUT FOR LUNCH

On the weekend we drove to Everton Park on the north side of Brisbane to visit Sonya and family. Most of the way is on the freeway and through a tunnel under the city. I can find my way without Google Maps now.  I do all the driving since Bill's last trip to hospital over a year ago. After we said hello to the dog and checked out Bernie's latest renovation of Sonya's office we went out for lunch. We went to a different restaurant. It was full of young people and we had to wait a little while for a table. After lunch we returned to Sonya's house where Bernie made us a delicious coffee. After a long chat we started for home. I still needed the Google Maps to get home. It is so good having them live in Brisbane now. The good news is that Carol is coming from Melbourne on Friday to work and spend the weekend with us. It was good timing because Sunday is Father's Day.




Father and son look a likes.
Banjo Looks like Sonya and Fox looks like Bernie. We love them to bits.

14 comments:

  1. The first photo of Carol is just lovely. I like the one of you and Bill too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, the first photo is Sonya not Carol but easy to mix them up.

      Delete
  2. Lovely family photos Diane. I remember when your daughter was married, now that's a fair while ago now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Diane
    Beautiful photos of you and your family. The boys are growing up fast. Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you're able to find your way to your daughter's using Google maps. The family photos are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound like you are having a great time with family. Enjoy while you can. Great set of photos. Cheers t'other Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy for you that you see a lot of your family, and can find your way there - and back! Hurrah for Google maps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For years I thought Father's Day was just an excuse for shops to make money. But now my husband and his friends are becoming "cough" quite elderly. So I am thinking we should remember Father's Day with outdoor afternoon teas with the children and grandchildren, taking lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What nice photos ! it's true the boys can't deny that one looks like Dad and one like mom. I am finally back from my war with Boogle Glogger, it took me some time because everything had changed with an update ! and then it was so hot and I didn't feel well. But know it's better !

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good looking family, wonderful to have them close and worth the navigation to spend time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice that you are able to get together with family more often now, especially as your grandsons are growing up and before you know it they will be out on their own. Hopefully, not for a few years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having them close now is wonderful! The boys are too handsome.
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm a bit late in commenting but the sentiment is still the same. I love seeing your family and the strong bond there is between all of you.
    Handsome grands too.
    Google sure helps sometimes.
    Enjoy your day
    Sue

    ReplyDelete