Brisbane, QLD


Friday, August 14, 2026

KEEPING UP WITH THE GREEN MACHINE.

 I took Bill for a scoot on one of the routes that my morning walk buddies take. It was hard keeping up with him until he realised and slowed down. 

We passed the magnolia tree in the village gardens.

Off we go through Priest Gully. Can you see him disappearing down the track on the right?

However, he wasn't sure of the way so he had to slow down and wait for me when he came to an intersection of paths.

After 2k we turned around and headed home. 
When we reached our road I said okay you can speed off and make me a cup of tea when you get home.

Off he goes down the footpath/sidewalk towards home.

Turning into the village complex. He loves his green machine. (I was exhausted from trying to keep up)

18 comments:

  1. I wonder where the name Priest Gully came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see Bill on his scooter going with you. Nice photos and I can imagine it would be hard to keep up with him, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am sure Bill enjoys the ride on his scooter. Nice views from your walk. Enjoy your day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely place for a walk and some of it is even shaded (shade is a lot on my mind in these hot days). So nice for Bill to be out and about with you, enjoying this.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice walks you have. You need to think of Bill as your pacer, he’s obviously trying to get you super fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These vehicles are great for a wonderful walk through nature. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to walk, I could really use a nice vehicle like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and the freedom of that Green Machine. He's definitely going to be off and running.
    The walk is so lovely, I would love to be on that too.
    Hope he made you the perfect Cuppa.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely walk and nice for Bill to have the green machine ... hope you enjoyed a nice cuppa he made you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful and scenic where you take your walk. I'm happy for Bill that he can get out and enjoy the world more on his Green Machine. It's a great bonus that he can travel faster home to make tea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That image of Priest Gully with all those golden leaves and sunlight filtering through the trees is just gorgeous, though I have to laugh at you trying to keep pace while Bill just rockets ahead on his green machine! It is no joke trying to keep up with someone on wheels when you're hoofing it on foot, but sending him off to get the kettle boiling for a well-earned cup of tea after a two-kilometer trek sounds like the absolute best strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite the mean, green machine! So lovely that you can again share the forest on your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place to walk and enjoy all the wonders of a park!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I could not keep up with the scooter for sure. Its great for him to get out side.. its a lovely path to wander. I wish I had woods close enough to for Beau and I to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That green machine is obviously giving Bill a lot of joy and ease in getting around and keeping up is giving you more exercise, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will be so fit trying to keep up! Honestly, it's great how you two work things out to your advantage. Love that hubby scoots on home to get your tea ready. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another delightful post Diane. I love Bill’s green machine. You certainly got a work out trying to keep up with him. I see that in Gregg’s future, lol! Super photos and a beautiful area for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was an entertaining walk and you will keep fit keeping up with Bill's green machine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I imagine he is quite speedy in that machine :-) T'other Diane

    ReplyDelete