Brisbane, QLD


Friday, July 3, 2026

MORNING WALK

The rain has stopped so we can get back to morning walks. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I walk with my long time walking buddies Helen, Maureen and Joan. Maureen and Joan felt like they needed a break on Tuesday and Thursday. However, Helen and I wanted to do every morning Mon-Fri. We have met two other girls, Lee and Dianne, who walk everyday so we asked if Helen and I could join them on Tuesday and Thursday.  Lee and Dianne walk in the forest. So yesterday we walked in the forest. It is still dark when I get up at 6:00am but it is light when we start to walk.

6:30 Daisy Hill Forest

Helen sets a good pace and knocks down the spider webs for us. She is the tallest one of us.

The sun is struggling to wake up.

On the way back its much lighter.

It is depressing though because even with all this walking I'm putting on weight 
probably because I eat too much.

I cooked sausages and mash, Bill's favourite meal.

Another favourite is spaghetti and meatballs.

15 comments:

  1. Walking outdoors each day is great for your fitness and for your social life. The women I meet in the coffeeshop after two walks a week have created a very pleasant sisterhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Pretty views from your walk. It is good that you are walking Monday thru Friday!
    The meals look yummy! Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die regelmäßigen Spaziergänge sind sicher sehr schön. Vor allem im Wald macht das Laufen Spaß. Und wenn man in einer Gruppe läuft, ist es besonders schön.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you must be a great cook, that food looks really good. That picture where you say it's much lighter? I had to enlarge that to see it better, I thought it was a painting! Beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always impressed by your walking, weight loss or not, and you must be fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sausage and mash. Your other meal sounds delicious too. Must have felt great again walking after all the rain. Sounds like you have a nice group to walk with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love walking in the early morning but I don't do it often enough. Good for you getting out everyday. I also thought the last view looked like a painting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you for walking everyday except weekend, you are doing so well. Be lovely walking through the bush and smelling nature, Diane.
    Did you know it's been 17 years that we have been commenting on each other's blog? Long time 😉 non stop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your walking.
    I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. We also have been enjoying morning and evening walks around the riverwalk here, except we skipped most days this past week due to the heat. I walked on an indoor treadmill in the gym instead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my ability to walk is impacted by my multiple sclerosis dx, i would LOVE to hike on a regular basis. i would say "enjoy those walks with friends and don't worry about your weight...it's not important!! beautiful captures and the food looks amazing. i enjoy cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i forgot to answer you question about knitting during the summer. i knit indoors when it is hot and we always have the air conditioning on, so i am good with it. i am addicted to knitting, i am not able take any kind of break. i knit with a group, we knit outside on a farm when the weather is good. that is super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We could not do our daily walk today, we got zero rain but lots of lighting and thunder, I don't walk when the sky is flashing and booming. I did do a little loud giggle when you said, probably because I eat to much. I have had the issue for all my life

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't go for walks, but I get up at 4:30 and go to the yard and work in the garden until the sun is scorching hot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you live near the prettiest part of Daisy Hill Forest. Just so close for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete