Brisbane, QLD


Thursday, July 30, 2026

BLOOMING WATTLE

During our morning walks we have noticed that the Wattle is blooming everywhere. In gardens, in the forest and in the streets the bright yellow balls of Wattle are bursting out and decorating the Acacia trees. There are many different varieties but all are green and gold. Some people suffer from asthma when the yellow balls appear with loads of pollen. The Wattle is Australia's national emblem and the green and gold are our national sporting colours.

This tree is just outside my study window. I took the photo early this morning when I returned from our walk. 
The flower on this tree has a long flower but still has tiny balls too.

This one is in our village garden.






12 comments:

  1. Very early by our standards and yours are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos are lovely Diane. Love wattle and we down here have some varieties of wattle out but more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tree, I like the blooms! Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the wattle is in fine bloom, at present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful I think I have seen them here as well. We have many shrubs already flowering in the garden even if its the middle of winter. It has been quite warm overall

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a gorgeous bloom Diane and a lovely view out of your window. Thanks for sharing the info too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen a bloom lime this one, Diane. Fhe waftle tree has very interesting blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful, it is so strange for me that you are starting or are in spring now, while we are going towards autumn ! I should move now ! We have a strange tree here, it is not from here, instead of having flowers there are green leaves and long Spaghetti hanging in between. Nobody knows what kind of tree it is we call it Spaghetti tree. It was probably planted long ago by the owner of the castle. Apparently he loved non local trees, because we even have palm trees !

    ReplyDelete
  9. its beautiful and I love love love that last photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess wattle and mimosa are pretty much the same thing, I seldom see it here. Our Ozzie relations on Nigel's side are visiting this month. Keep well, t'other Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're so pretty. I wonder why it always seems like yellow plants are highly allergenic though. We don't have wattle trees, but all the ones that cause allergies are golden.

    ReplyDelete