Ben and Bill migrated from Switzerland together in 1967. They planned to stay for the obligatory two years just to learn to speak English. However, the plan changed once they arrived and fell in love with Australia and the girls who became their soul partners. They have remained friends since then even though their lives led them to live in far away places. Bill and I lived in PNG for quite a few years and Ben and Lyn lived in NT for some time. Now Ben and Lyn live in the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane. Ben turned 80 last week and the celebration was held on last Sunday at Flaxton Gardens. So I had a two hour drive to Flaxton. I decided to book into a guesthouse nearby to stay overnight so not to be driving home late in the evening. It was a lovely celebration with a delicious lunch and set in a beautiful place.
Lunch was delicious, I had salmon and Bill had chicken. There were three long tables filled with relatives and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment