Brisbane, QLD


Saturday, September 24, 2022

DAISY HILL FOREST FLOWERS

 I love my morning walks in the forest with my friends. Although it is a bit hard to get out of bed at six in winter it is easy in summer. Now in Spring it is quite pretty with wild flowers blooming. We don't have spectacular wild flowers but some little treasures.

My walking buddies, (L to R) Joan, Helen and Maureen.

Wattle, our national flower.

Hardenbergia violacea

Acacia paradoxa

Solanum seaforthianum

Hardenbergia violacea
Unfortunately I don't know the names of them. I guess I should do some research or get an app that names them for me. Call me lazy. Stop press: My blog friend, Sandra from 'Madsnapper' taught me how to find the names of the plants easily.

Aubriera deltoidea

When I arrived home I was pleased to see the flowers in my planters hanging on the fence hiding the wheelie bins, were looking good. I'm forever planting flowers in these and they are forever dying. Keeping my fingers crossed this time.

13 comments:

  1. The yellow one fourth down looks like what we used to call egg and bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great place to walk with your friends and the flowers in your planters look gorgeous! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you too as I have the same problem. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my wattle in our bush Diane, we used to have rather a large one in the backyard some years ago but it split in two! nice flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the one thing I am expert at is killing flowers, black thumb is what I have. I wish I had happy friends to walk with me. I only have Beau. I love walking with him, but i want someone who can talk back to me. LOL... to ID your flowers, just pull up your blog, right click on the photo, pick search with google lens and it will do it for you or if you have a touch screen, push with fingerm which I just did and one of yours purple is Hovea. you can push the screen on your phone and do the same thing. I use search with google lens nearly every day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those native flowers are delightful and such a pleasure to see. As for plants in pots (or my home garden for that matter) I have the same problem but, with the wet weather, nature has kept them happy for the past 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice to have walking buddies and to enjoy the flowers along the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers, names doesn't matter, I only know the classical once, for me the beauty is more important. But getting out of my bed at 6 when it is not necessary, all the horses used for the Queen's funerals wouldn't manage that. But often I wake up by myself get angry because it is so early and read in my bed until 8 or 9 or 10, little Rosie never meows for food she is very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful area to walk in.
    I have never heard of the wattle (your national flower) before. It is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had any luck commenting on your blog in recent times. So here goes. Love the pretty wildflowers, especially the wattle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice that you and your walking friends are able to get out in such lovely weather. We will be doing the same here in New Hampshire in cooler weather as autumn is my favorite season. The flowers are lovely and purple is my favorite color so nice to see so many purple blooms, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers look very nice, great collection of photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty they are and good on you all for the morning walks. I need the good example and inspiration so thank you! .. (I was just about to comment about how impressed I was that you could ID all the flowers and then read your Stop Press announcement. Still impressed thugh!

    ReplyDelete