Redcliffe Pier

Friday, April 23, 2010

YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE THIS IF YOU DIDN'T SEE IT?

Cindy from Artists blog kindly redid a post for me to link to for my readers. Cindy has the most amazing shots of pythons devouring the huge cockatoos and a great story to go with it. Cindy used to live in Far North Queensland but she has now returned to Perth in Western Australia. Please take a look at her photos you won't be disappointed. Here is one of her photos as an appetiser, you can watch the whole bird disappear on her blog. This might sound a little ghoulish but it is really only nature. Most wild animals must catch their food.

Photo by Cindy Lane. Do not copy without permission.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Diane,

    I think anyone that lives in sunny QLD qualifies as a Jane or Tarzan!
    It's a jungle out there!

    Hope your scaly visitor has gone of to visit someone else's garden.

    Thanks for post,

    Cheers,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should read "off" and "THE post".

    Fingers not working fast enough...

    Thanks again,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck! Horrible - my dinner has been ruined!
    "Appetiser!!!!" just too gruesome even for me!

    Colin (HB)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish one would come along and eat the possom living in our floorboards ... then again it might take up residence and be worse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just popped over to Cindy's for a look see, very interesting photos. Not the kind of thing I would like to see in my back yard but it is all nature.

    Love your header photo, that is a beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunnning capture. Well done, Cindy. I'm off to visit her blog now. I LOVE your new header, diane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I don't like that snake to be here in our backyard either, we have possum but seem to be friendly. That's a fantastic action captured on time. Thanks for sharing I love watching it, only on photo. Maybe one day it's snake eating human.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came back from Cindy's blog. Her photos just draw you in, they truly give a first hand account of the cycle of life don't they? Amazing photography, hynotic and horrifying and incredible all in the same pot. Thanks for the link and on that note let's all go hug a cockie - ewwww - I mean in a nice way of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Cow----I knew pythons could eat big birds--but I've never seen pictures of that before. Made me SHIVER all over....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete